No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Whirlpool Corporation in connection with this Contest.
- Eligibility: The 2022 KitchenAid #MadeWithKAContest “Contest”) is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Arizona), who are age 18 years or older and have reached the age of majority in their state or territory of residence at the time of entry (19 in Alabama and Nebraska; 21 in Mississippi). Employees, officers, directors, agents and shareholders (and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses)) of Whirlpool Corporation, collectively, the “Sponsors”, and its parents, subsidiaries, divisions, trustees, participating vendors, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities (collectively, the "Contest Entities") are not eligible to enter. Void wherever prohibited by law. The Contest is governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”).
- Sponsor: Whirlpool Corporation, 2000 N. M-63 Benton Harbor, MI 49022
- Entry Period: The Contest begins at 10:00am Eastern EDT on 6/6/2022 and ends at 11:59:59pm EDT on 7/3/2022
How to Enter: During the Entry Period, take the following actions to submit an entry: Create and post TikTok in-feed video or an Instagram in-feed video or reel only (Instagram Stories not eligible) showing you preparing an original recipe created by YOU using at least one (1) KitchenAid appliance. All Entries must use the hashtag #MadeWithKAContest in the video caption and tag @kitchenaidusa in the video submission. Entries that do not include the required hashtags will be disqualified.The Recipe
- The recipe must be your own creation, original and unique. Modification of an original work is not an original idea. Entries must not be a copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source.
- The recipe must not have been submitted previously in a giveaway or promotion of any kind or previously shared publicly (e.g., beyond your immediate circle of friends and family through any means).
- The recipe must include easy to follow steps and suitable for home cooks.
- The recipe must showcase at least one (1) KitchenAid appliance as a key part of creating the recipe.
- The recipe should not be specific to a particular holiday (e.g., not specific to Christmas or Halloween). The recipe should be suitable for many occasions. .
- The written ingredient list and recipe steps must be provided, either superimposed on-screen in the video, via voiceover or in the video caption. All ingredients must be in English in exact U.S. measurements with complete instructions and relevant information.
- Entrant should either be the only person who appears in the video or, if anyone other than Entrant appears in the video (that person must be the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence), the Entrant must obtain written permission from that person or those people to include them in the video. SPONSOR MAY ASK TO SEE THE WRITTEN PERMISSIONS AND IF ENTRANT FAILS TO PROVIDE SATISFACTORY PERMISSIONS UPON SPONSOR’S REQUEST, SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY THE APPLICABLE ENTRY.
- The Video Entry must be high quality. Resolution must not appear grainy, the video must be steady, and audio must be clear if the video has sound.
- The video must not be owned, taken or edited by a professional videographer.
- Any clothing shown in the video should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party content or materials (but showing publicly displayed or publicly accessible Sponsor content, material, and products as is permitted).
- The Video Entry must not include music protected by a copyright (but including music that you own or have the rights to use is permitted) but Sponsor reserves the right to edit or reformat for any use, in their sole discretion.
- Entry must not contain any content that infringes or may infringe third party rights, including, without limitation, any copyright, name, trademark, logo, trade dress, or other personal or proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity or make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, charities, slogans, political, or religious statements), or be otherwise objectionable. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, publicly displayed and publicly accessible Sponsor content, materials, or products are permitted to be displayed in entries submitted for this Contest.
- Entrants and all submitted Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or entry will be disqualified from the Contest. The Entry must not disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor.
- Entries should not reference any of Sponsor’s competitors.
- Your TikTok and Instagram account settings must remain public during the Promotion Period and until the prizes are awarded. You must not change your Instagram or TikTok handle during the Promotion Period and until the prizes are awarded.
- Multiple submissions are permitted.
- Content Restrictions: You represent that your entry will: (1) be in keeping with Sponsor’s reputation and image; (2) not be obscene, indecent, sexually explicit, libelous, violent, hateful, slanderous or otherwise offensive (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); (3) not defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased; (4) not contain (i) any words, statements or images that promote bigotry, racism, discrimination, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or would be considered offensive to individuals of any age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or other protected class, or who are disabled, or (ii) any threats to any person, place, business, group or entity; and (5) not be owned by a third-party and/or be subject to any restriction or right that would in any way limit Sponsor’s right to use the entry as permitted under these Official Rules (all of the foregoing, collectively, “Content Requirements”). Failure to comply with any of the Content Requirements, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, is grounds for an automatic disqualification from the Promotion.
Publication, License and Release: By entering the Promotion and submitting an entry, you agree that your entry is an original work of authorship and that you own all right, title and interest in the entry as of the date of submission and has all necessary rights and authorizations to submit it and the express permission of all individuals, content, and materials embodied in the entry to submit it for possible use as provided herein. You warrant that your entry does not infringe, violate or misappropriate any person’s or entity’s personal or proprietary rights (including copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights). Entries must not include any music or other content unless such music or other content is original and owned by the entrant or the entrant has obtained the necessary licenses and/or consents to feature such music or other content in the video and grant the rights granted to Sponsor herein to use the video. ENTRANT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT ENTRANT HAS OBTAINED ALL APPROPRIATE LICENSES AND/OR CONSENTS NECESSARY TO GRANT THE RIGHTS GRANTED TO SPONSOR HEREUNDER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY APPLICABLE PARTICIPANT RELEASES AND ANY RELEASES RELATED TO MUSIC OR OTHER CONTENT FEATURED IN THE ENTRY) AND WILL INDEMNIFY SPONSOR FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM ENTRANT’S FAILURE TO DO SO.
By entering the Contest, you grant Sponsor (and its licensees and assigns) a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from and display his/her/its entry, in whole or in part, and otherwise exploit the entry in all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in any way Sponsor sees fit, including (without limitation) entertainment, instruction/education, promotional, advertising and/or marketing purposes. In connection with all rights granted herein, Sponsor (and its licensees and assigns) shall also have the irrevocable right to incorporate the entry, in whole or in part, into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. If necessary, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the rights entrant is granting to use the entry.
Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, or for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems which may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest, whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic, network or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Contest including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsors’ control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsors reserve the right to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Prize: Winners will be featured in the digital #MadeWithKAContest Cookbook and have their recipes shared on social media and on KitchenAid.com, no retail value.
- Winner Selection: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, all eligible Entries will be judged by a panel of Sponsor representatives, based on the following criteria, to determine up to one hundred (100) Potential Winners:
- Originality of the Recipe and Suitability to the Everyday Home Cook (50%): How well the KitchenAid product is featured in the content; how well the content speaks to everyday making; how well the recipe is tied to a relatable everyday occasion; the originality and uniqueness of the recipe; the attainability of the recipe for everyday home cooks.
- Content Quality (40%): Clarity of the recipe and steps; Overall production quality of the video; Shareability of the video.
- Audience Fit (10%): Entrant’s charisma and passion for food/cooking; size of Entrant’s social media following.
Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than one hundred (100) Potential Winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified photos. Decisions of the Sponsor and judges are final and binding. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores.
- Notification of Winners: Potential Winners will be contacted via direct message or a sponsor comment on the winning videos to notify Potential Winners. The direct message or comment will come from @kitchenaidusa and will provide instructions for Potential Winners to claim the Prize. POTENTIAL WINNERS MUST MEET ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, INCLUDING THE TIMELY EXECUTION AND RETURN OF ANY NECESSARY RELEASES AND AFFIDAVITS, IN ORDER TO BE CONFIRMED AS WINNER. In the event that a Potential Winner does not respond to Sponsor’s initial notification and meet all eligibility requirements within seventy-two (72) hours, or if prize/prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such Potential Winner and select an alternate Potential Winner (in which case the initial Potential Winner will forfeit his or her prize). In the event that three (3) or more Potential Winners (with respect to the same prize) do not respond to Sponsor’s initial notification and meet all eligibility requirements within seventy-two (72) hours, or if the prize/prize notification to three (3) or more Potential Winners (with respect to the same prize) is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor will not be obligated to select any additional alternate Potential Winners, and if Sponsor so elects, that prize will not be awarded.
- Publicity: Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city and state, likeness, photo, video, Entry, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
- Nature of Relationship/Waiver of Equitable Relief: Each Entrant understands and acknowledges that Sponsor has wide access to ideas, designs, and other materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees. Each Entrant also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to the entry and/or each other in theme, idea, format or other respects. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such Entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor's use of any such similar or identical material. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the entry. Finally, each Entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by Entrant relating to or arising out of Sponsor actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Entry or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable Entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such Entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the entry or any material based on or allegedly based on the entry, and the Entrant's rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
- General Conditions: Neither Sponsor nor its agents are responsible for lost, late, incomplete or misdirected entries or other errors of any kind, including (without limitation) incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information. Neither Sponsor nor its agents are responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or other errors or problems which may occur in connection with or relating to the Contest, whether human, computer, network, technical, mechanical, typographical, printing or otherwise, including (without limitation) errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of entries or the announcement of the prizes or that may occur in any Contest-related materials or limit prize fulfillment or a participant’s ability to enter the Contest. Sponsor further assumes no liability for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Contest for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any prize. All such losses or expenses must be borne by the affected participants, entrants and/or winners. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, cancel, modify or prematurely conclude the Contest should any computer virus, malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest or should any portion of the Contest be compromised for any reason. By way of illustration and not limitation, Sponsor may at its sole discretion select winner from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor in the event of such compromise or corruption. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant (and void his/her/its entry) who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest or violates these Official Rules.
- Waiver of Liability: Each entrant, by entering the Contest, agrees (a) to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective past and present directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from and for any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property (including without limitation death; claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy; and any claims based on a violation of a third party’s intellectual property rights), resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in this Contest or in any related activity or entrant’s acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of any prize, including without limitation entrant’s failure to comply with the Content Requirements and (b) if such entrant becomes a winner, by acceptance of a prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and those acting pursuant to its authority (and agrees to confirm such agreement in writing upon request) to use, as applicable, his/her/its name, photograph, likeness, voice, location and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without any further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and/or World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
- Disputes: Each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan. Section and paragraph headings are included only for convenience and shall not affect the interpretation of any of the provisions of these Official Rules.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, TikTok or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Whirlpool Corporation and not to TikTok or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used in connection with this Contest or in connection with promotional or other activities of Whirlpool Corporation
Winners List: A list of winners may be obtained by sending a written request by 11/1/2022 along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to Whirlpool Corporation, Attn: Made With KitchenAid Contest, 331 N La Salle St #175, Chicago, IL 6065. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
© 2022 Whirlpool Corporation